Saturday 1 September 2012

First Post

Well, everyone else seems to be doing it so I thought I would try a blog.

I am thinking of using this blog as a sort of open diary.


Here are two pictures we received today from Eleanor and family in Devonport, New Zealand.
Whole pile of books to be read. I cut short Volume 1 of 'Marlborough' by Winston Churchill. The chapters on The Glorious Revolution 1688 were fascinating. A period of history not covered much on Television or Film histories.

Now reading 'Daemon' by Daniel Suarez. Not really my type of book but it is very technically savvy.

David Kynaston's 'The City of London' Vol. 2 awaits - great stuff but a detailed read.

Getting involved with the Beaver Scouts after many years absence from Scouting (Annie and I used to run the 19th EFS Cubs). The full time responsibility of taking a 'Beaver Colony' on is 'quite a responsibility'.





No comments:

Post a Comment