Sunday 2 September 2012

A bit about my politics

So day two....

I guess a bit about my background.

I come from a Methodist/Baptist family who owned a grocery business in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire.

I was brought up in the Scouts and think this formed my political attitude of 'A Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others'

Religion is a problem for me but I firmly believe in the Golden Rule of ‘Do as you would be done by’.

This naturally makes be a liberal (and Liberal) but I am frustrated by our political system and accept you need the power that comes with the unions to get anything done in British politics.

My pet hates are mainly based around the non-payment of tax by (often criminal) Non-Doms living in our country and the use of offshore tax havens by both rich individuals and companies to ‘avoid’ paying U.K. taxes. I note with great sadness that Gorgon Brown did nothing about any of these.

You also do not want to get me started on bankers and the government attack on pension schemes.

I wish we actually lived in a democracy where the majority had their way, rather than a five year dictatorship which has been completely hijacked by the rich and powerful.

Oh, by the way, I am quickly turning into a grumpy old man.

A couple more pictures from NZ to brighten things up:-




No comments:

Post a Comment